Imagine being able to replace your lost tooth, not with removable dentures, but with an implant that looks and feels just like a normal, secure tooth. With dental implants from your Lafayette dentist, you can accomplish this. This procedure has become a popular option in dental reconstruction, with over half a million implants placed every year in the U.S. With their natural appearance and strong fit, dental implants can be your answer to repairing your smile.
Advantages of dental implants include:
- A secure, comfortable fit that looks and feels natural, without the slipping of normal dentures
- No other adjacent teeth have to be ground down or disturbed to hold an implant in place
- You can talk and eat normally without the inconvenience
- You will no longer feel self-conscious about missing teeth
During the implant process:
- Your jaw bone area just below your gums is fitted with metal posts.
- Once in position, the dental implants are mounted securely on these posts, giving you the look and feel of a brand new tooth!
- Not only will your self-esteem improve, but your oral health will as well.
Contact Farabee Family Dental Care at 765-447-7052 to learn more about our dental implant options.
Implants vs. Bridges
Dental implants are the next best thing to your healthy, natural teeth. Strong and stable, a dental implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth when implanted by your dentist. An implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium. The post is inserted into the jawbone and supports a natural-looking dental crown. The post must fuse with the jawbone so it is firmly anchored in position. Once this process is complete, an abutment is attached to the post. An "abutment" is the structure that supports the crown. The dental crown is then screwed or cemented to the abutment. While dental implants may need periodic adjustments, they can last a lifetime when properly placed and cared for over time.Read more about Implants vs. Bridges